I visualise my readers as looking for more balanced, calmer and contented lives. As I am. I’m not in a particularly good place at the moment in my head and trying to find a way out of it, as well as supporting family members who are in even worse places. Tensions in relationships make trying to keep positive not always easy, but I’m focusing on things that help me get through. At the moment these include
1. Good friends who I can let off steam to and talk to in confidence
2. Getting as much exercise as I can, both by walking the dog and exploring on my own.
3. Keeping to a healthy diet – with S away, I have just enjoyed a week without alcohol and meat. I think I feel better for it.
4. Making sure the week contains some diary entries that get me out and about and away from my solitary occupation in front of the computer.
5. Researching and reading different sites and blogs that provide some life affirmation. I will start to provide links to them.
6. Trying to become more self-reliant and confident again. My friends always said I was the most confident person they knew, but the last few years have knocked that out of me.
7. As part of 6, becoming more self-assertive about what I need and want again. And increasing my financial freedoms to do so.
8. Finding something to be grateful for in each day – as some friends are doing and posting on Facebook.
9. Keeping in touch with old friends more – I’ve let that slip.
10. And finally – this is giving me most pleasure and affirmation at the moment – continuing to pick out from my bag of 100 treats!
I know I’m not along in searching for ‘a change for joy’ and hope my search can provide some help and inspiration, as I seek for advice from others.