It is all very well rambling on about Faro, but part of this blog’s reason for being was to share my search for contentment and happiness. Which treats have been pulled out of the bag so far!
1. This one is providing an on-going pleasure – I had to buy six packets of fruit flavoured teas and jumble them up in my Abbotsbury Swannery tea caddy and enjoy one or two a day. It didn’t cost much and each cup of tea is a surprise flavour. Using this caddy which had been lurking at the back of a cupboard also reminds me of a lovely day out from about 12 years ago.
2. This one would have been easy to do in the UK but was a little trickier here, (in Lisbon) but I managed it. I had to search out the ingredients for and make a traditional English trifle. It was delicious and gave us two desserts. S was very impressed and I shall definitely make it again.
3. This shows this blog is a little retrospective at times. The third treat out of the hat was to learn how to, and start my blog. As you can see I’ve done this, although I need to find time to explore all the different ways of making it look more attractive. And start searching out, reading and interacting with other people’s blogs!
4. Simple one – I painted each nail on my hand and foot a different colour. A little daring at my age, so I didn’t keep my hands painted for long, but the toes can see me through the first couple of weeks of summer shoes.
5. Last one so far. Choose ten old films that I want to watch either again or for the first time
- Thelma and Louise
- Mary Poppins (!)
- Breakfast at Tiffanys
- Sound of Music (!!)
- Sunset Boulevard
- The Grapes of Wrath
- It Happened One Night
- A Streetcar Named Desire
- Some Like it Hot
- The Lady from Shanghai
- Mrs Miniver
- How Green Was My Valley
Well, I know that is 13! But I couldn’t decide. I’m off to Madrid tomorrow to spend 3 days with St, so will maybe watch one with him. Off to pick out another treat now.